Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Part 3 of 3: e-Games Domination II Event: Awards, Secrets Revealed and a Dinner!

Photos courtesy of NineMoons! I wish I had a camera... NOTE TO MULTIPLY READERS: PLEASE VISIT http://menatales.blogspot.com FOR ANY UPDATED VERSIONS OF MY EXISTING POSTS. THANK YOU.

Alright, this is the best part of the event (for me, that is! :P). It's the much-awaited Faction Recognition and Granado Espada Philippines Community Hero Awards! I was able to snag both the titles of the Blogger and Filmmaker for this one.

This one's for the Filmmaking Award

Now the (whole) Philippines knows that I'm the voice behind Reclusion's movie, Le Blanc! At the request of Veya and Hrin, I did a live demonstration of my role of Andre Janzur! Looks like the crowd appreciated it to the max! Of course, I got this award along with NineMoons, Reclusion, Fiksdotter, Artaxerxes, deEspania, Familier, Mortreux, Fettuccini, Behringer, iCeZ, Kincaid, Weisswritter and Sigrid!

Yeah! The whole team! For the win, Philippines!

Since all of the FFA Grand Finale Winners were all from the Philippines, we were able to have an awards ceremony for all of the Grand Finale Winners! First up was the Pasta Team with their entry "Perdonato." Then, was Team Le Blanc with the film "Le Blanc" were I starred as Andre Janzur and Lastinka Inka Jerjer-Baks! Of course, our Grand Winner is none other than the Bloggers' Team with their winning entry "Not Another Love Story: Ze Musical!" Looks like Veya kept her promise that if a Philippine-based team won the Grand Finals, that team would win three Palit Video Cards courtesy of e-Games. That promise was fulfilled and those vid cards are hella powerful!!!

This one's for the Blogger Award

Now, we bloggers are too awarded for our continued effort to educate the community about Granado Espada through experience and research. I got this award along with NineMoons, Reclusion, Fiksdotter and Welling! Yay! For this one, Veya and Hrin bugged me to do another voiceover. This time, I did my role of Lastinka Inka Jerjer Baks but it didn't turn out pretty since it was the result of software engineering. Oh my! I revealed that I am the voice actor... For a female role?!?!?!? That's something I will discuss in the future! :D

Other awards included Colony War Correspondents and Faction Recognition. NineMoons has a better coverage of the event if you're interested to read about it. Oh yeah, Hrin invited the players for dinner with her! How could I possibly miss the chance?


Hrin in all her glory!

After the awards ceremony and such, me and some fellow bloggers decided to get some drinks since the Pepsi booth outside is totally out of drinks! We took the effort to head over to the nearest establishment (rather the department store) from the SMX Convention Center. We came back to wait until the event is over since we had to rendezvous at the GE Booth for the dinner with Hrin! To kill the time, I took the liberty of trying out the High Striker game on a nearby booth. My highest score was 925 Points and that includes me getting a headache because the hammer rebounded when I did my strike!

After the wait, we headed over to Pier One and finally had that dinner Hrin, along with the other VIPs from IAH Games! Their host ordered something for them to try: Balut! Earlier, we wanted Hrin to try out some Filipino dishes and we got the hint that she didn't want to eat anything exotic. Looks like their host decided to let our guests to give the balut a shot and we (the bloggers) were able to let Hrin have a taste. This is what happens next:


It's just culture shock. No harm done!

Well, at least some of us are happy that Hrin tasted balut already! Other people caught up with us and they were able to have dinner with us as well. Looks like Hrin here is an MMORPG player and has good knowledge about Granado Espada. When Reclusion asked about who are the 10 Nobles of Vespanola, Hrin told us to play the game to watch the story unfold. Looks like I gotta level up pretty soon to progress! I was also able to confirm that Leticia (the Premium Item vendor) is indeed her best friend!

It was getting pretty for some of us, so I decided to hit the road too! Well, thank you so much Hrin and it was an honor to meet you in real life! Now, I can die peacefully knowing that I have met a REALLY IMPORTANT PERSON in an online gaming community. Well, looking forward for great things from IAH Games and you are indeed a blessed person, Hrin. You must be an angel (or a goddess) sent from heaven... I'll will never forget this day.

Other of my fellow bloggers have posted about this event!

Artaxerxes: Domination II Fever!
Sigrid: E-Games Dom1nation: G.E. Aftermath!
Fiksdotter: Post E-Games Domination~Dominated!
NineMoons: [Picspam] Post-Dom1nation II, recap and review, part 1: Cosplay and Factions
NineMoons:[Picspam] Post-Dom1nation II, recap and review, part 2: FFA Winners, GE PH Community Heroes, and end
pCM Veya: Aftermath: e-Games Domination II
Reclusion: Domination II the D-DAY!

Lemme (and NineMoons) know if you have something to blog about this event! :D


Tired but happy! Me, Stiles and Reclusion

No comments:

My family