Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Part 2 of 3: e-Games Domination II Event: Dragon Rides, The Community and a Quest!

Photos courtesy of NineMoons! I wish I had a camera... NOTE TO MULTIPLY READERS: PLEASE VISIT http://menatales.blogspot.com FOR ANY UPDATED VERSIONS OF MY EXISTING POSTS. THANK YOU.


insert witty comment about dragon riding

Whoooo weee! When I noticed a Mechanical Bull dressed like a dragon, I decided to dare myself to have an experience of riding such machine. I was able to the maiden ride on the Mechanical Bull/Dragon and I was preparing myself (and hoping that I won't thrown off!) to ride on it. All it took was thirty seconds tops and I survived the ordeal! Wow! Too bad the intensity wasn't that strong but I think I ended up breaking the wings of the dragon when I felt pulling sensation already! :P

We decided to have lunch outside of the SMX Convention center (Takhisis Faction) and we ended up eating at McDonald's. Man, that was a long walk but I had brought some Spaghetti to eat! After the lunch, we went back and I changed my shirt to blend in with my friends (not to mention all sweaty!!!).

Next, I was able to meet up with Stiles and his companion, RavusDimni. Wow! Our active player from the Northern Region of the Philippines was able to attend this big event! He registered up for Adelina's Booty - Live event and he proposed that I join his team. Well, since that's a requirement, I took it as a chance since the prizes are oh-so-good to pass!

Before I did the Adelina's Booty - Live event, I was able to come across Welling, Device, Southernsky, Xei, Colbourn (very brief!), Fettuccine, Mortreux and a whole lot of other players from Granado Espada! :D I didn't bother to join any PVP events because the reason why I attended the event in the first place was to be present for being a GE PH Community Hero! Yup! Thanks to this blog and my participation in the Fantazzztic Film Awards, I am recognized as one of the PH Community Heroes!

Moving forward, Stiles found me and told me that Adelina's Booty quest started. Now here's the details of our quest:

Quest no. 1: Advertising for Diego
Objective: Draw a faction emblem. Present it to the NPC and if it's approved, you can move on to the next quest.
Comments: Well, Stiles took care of the art while I poured in suggestions. We came up with a shield design with RavusDimni's name that Stiles came up with since speed and time was of essence. Looks like our design qualified and moved on to the next quest.

Quest no. 2: Helping out a new member
Objective: Create a new character in your account and have that character reach level 8. Report to the NPC once it is accomplished.

Comments: X-nay! Since the stations were too occupied, this quest has been removed from the list of quests that we are required to do.

Quest no. 3: Solve the puzzle
Objective: Assemble the puzzle pieces properly and present the solved puzzle to the NPC.
Comments: This was a long quest for us. All three of us had to work together in putting the pieces back properly. Good thing I brought some 3M Magic Tape along with me to affix the pieces together without the risk of the pieces flying away!

Quest no. 4: Strike a pose!
Objective: Head over to the fabphoto booth and take a pic of your group. Present it to the NPC after the the group shot.
Comments: I was full of guilt for this one! I gotta admit, we cut the line big time because of we used the event as an excuse. Fortunately, the booth operator (and the line) accepted our plea and let us had our photo taken. This was the end result:


A messed-up photo shoot!

Quest no. 5: Die-hard GE Fans!
Objective: Present two of any of the following GE Merchandise to finish this quest
  • GE Button Pin
  • GE Shirt
  • GE Limited Edition Box
  • GE Jacket
  • GE Tumbler
  • Forgot the others!
Comments: Showing two GE Button Pins was not enough to satisfy the quest. Fortunately, I presented my recently purchased LE Box and we passed the quest!

Quest no. 6: How to get G Points
Objective: Present a GVC, whether it is scracthed or unscratched.
Comments: RavusDimni finished it up real quick!

Quest no. 7: Living and loving GE
Objective: Write three sentences why you like about GE.
Comments: I took the chance to write about why we love GE so much. What I can remember is that I wrote about the community being great in GE and the uniqueness of the Multi Character Control system. What I wrote isn't just for the quest, I really put my heart into it since Granado Espada is the only MMORPG I have enjoyed with events and a big community.

After the quest, we were told that we accomplished everything and we'll just have to for the e-mail with the code for our prizes. Our prizes? Each of us gets to win an item of the month code and 20 AB Searches. Since we fully finished the whole quest, we were entitled to additional 50 more AB Searches and 5 more AB Searches for finishing first! That's a total of 75 AB Searches for all our effort! Thanks Stiles and RavusDimni! It was a great experience questing with you guys!

This ain't the end of it! I've saved the best for the last but it'll have to wait for the meantime! :P

LIVE FOOTAGE OF MENA ON THE MECHANICAL BULL/DRAGON!

No comments:

My family