Monday, April 14, 2008

GM Garage Sale Event: Elite Armors for Sale!

First, a little intro from sGE's website:

After failing to foil the plans of Andre in promoting his newest fashion designs in Granado Espada, the [GM]s have came up with a 'counter-attack' plan. They are planning to buyout Hrin Ampules and organize a garage sale themselves! Will they successfully win this war against the flamboyant Andre Janzur?


Everyone wants Hrin's Ampules!

I wasn't myself aware of the event because all I did was reach level 100 for Veteran Status but upon hearing the broadcast of selling Level 68 Elite Studded-leather Armors for only 15 Hrin Ampules, I had to confirm that one!

The GM told us that they were at the "peak of Coimbra." I had to make a guess that it's that fountain spot in Port of Coimbra. It was confirmed and I made my way to see if there was indeed such event. Well, I was surprised that a lot of people have gathered to take advantage of the sale, while the auction went along.


Ah, the lovely GM Lithz

After confirming the event, I decided to grab myself some Hrin's Ampules in order take advantage of the sale. Good thing it was possible to buy more than one! I was able to snag a couple of these Level 68 Elite Studded-leather Armors. THis'll do good in leveling up my lower level characters so they have decent defense. The only disadvantage is not all of these characters are able to equip this armor but this'll have to do for now! :D


Boy, those Hrin's Ampules sell like hotcakes!

I decided to hang out until the end of the event to get you a coverage of this event. Now, I only focused in covering the Garage Sale part of the event, not the auction but there were some memorable moments that I wasn't able to take screenshots of:

  • The first item being sold for 606 Hrin's Ampules! Not bad for a great start...
  • One item (I think the Marionette Ring) being sold for 1000+ Hrin's Ampules!
  • An armor being sold due to a discrepancy
But, there was something that caught my eye:


They're dead serious about the auction! Bad player!

Looks like someone faked a bid and there is a price to pay! Let's take a look at the one of the FAQs of the event:

Q: So… what if I won the bid but I don’t have the premium items needed?

We recommend that you have the premium items in your inventory before the event starts. Once the winner of the auction has been declared, [GM]s will immediately summon you to do the trades! If you do not possess the number of Hrin’s Ampules that you used to bid for, the next highest bid will win the item, and you may be exempted from taking part in the rest of the auction!

Please take note that the [GM]s might impose a penalty on your account for faked bidding. Imagine not being able to chat for 12 hours, heh heh!

Remember guys, follow the rules for smooth and successful event! If you want coverage in all the bids that took place, feel free to visit the Corazon Del Leon's blog.

I decided to "advertise" by using the "!!" feature in informing players on what's happening in that area. Here's how it looks like:


Community advert. Help around!

There are also some families taking advantage of this event by selling Hrin's Ampules for vis! Want proof?


Opportunistic families taking advantage of the event!

Besides the crowded area, here's what I also saw:


Lucifer's Wings are the IN thing right now!

The event ended pretty well if you ask me. I was able to walk away with decent armors at a good price. Though the auction was kind of too much for some of us, at least they came up with something for people who have G Points but don't have enough to participate in the auction. Of course, those armors aren't easy to get from the monsters and the stats they promise? Hoho! Good luck spilling a lot Enchantment Chips for the stats they give! I hope they do things like these in the future for those who really need them.

Want more peektures? Click the link! But's here's a couple more...


Can you spot the three GMs?


It must be Lithz' perfume that's causing this to happen!

No comments:

My family