Saturday, February 23, 2008

Me? At Veteran? Come on!

It has come to my attention that someone mistook me as a Veteran. Why? A player checked my profile and saw that my Family Level is at 17. When I told him my highest level was 79, he didn't believe me. To substantiate this, I told him that I have 30 characters in my family plus the fact that I'm in a Level 52 Faction that granted the +3 Family Level boost. He immediately apologized for his wrong assumption but I forgave him. This "incident" prompted me to ask a friend what's the usual Family Level for Veterans. He told me that it was around 14 - 16 and it may include being with a faction that grants the additional Family Level boost. Taking this into consideration, I am thankful to reach such a family level without reaching Veteran (and belonging to a faction that has the boost). As of now, I have 31 characters (I recently added a Male Scout because I got the Korean Costume due to the large influx of Bok-Jo-Ris I have acquired!) and a base Family Level of 14. Apply +3 to that and you get 17. Wow... 17%+ HP and 7%+ ATK. Hey hey hey! Don't assume that I'm a Vet because of my current situation right now. I'll be a vet soon... Maybe in two months time?

Allow me to give you, the reader, a lecture on the level systems here so you can tell the difference between Character Level, Stance Level and Family Level.

Character Level:
This is the level of the character that is in your party. The major factor of a character's level is the ability for him/her to be able use weapons, armor, accessories and costumes as long as the character meets the level requirements. Level 1 characters start off with 200 SP but it increases per 20 SP every five levels. At every level, a character's HP increases slightly as well. To increase a character's level, you have to gain EXP by defeating the monsters and/or use EXP cards. In the Player-Kill (PK) servers, there is a danger to lose EXP and therefore get demoted to a lower level. The maximum limit right now is Level 100 but you can reach as high as Level 120 by purchasing Veteran Scrolls (to reach the Level 110 Limit) and Expert Scrolls (to reach the Level 120 Limit).

Stance Level:
This is the level of a character's stance. The major factor of the stance level is the ability to use skills related to the stance once reaching certain levels. You also earn points per level to increase the skills related to the stance. All stances have a level limit of 25. When learning new stance via Stance Books (purchased from Master Room), there are some stances that have level requirements in either Character or Stance or even both.

Family Level:
Now, I haven't gotten solid info but I'll do my best to share what I can about this. Family Level dictates on how much the total experience that all your family members (including the ones in the barracks) have. I noticed that this increased when I add new characters with levels starting beyond 44. Family Level plays an important role in the game as it allows you to be privileged to vote during the elections, make a faction of your own, enter into player-killing mode (in the Cervantes, Vivaldi and Caravaggio servers) and gain bonuses. Bonuses, I say? Well, you gain an HP Bonus by percent depending on your Family Level. Once reaching Family Level 11, you get +1% ATK Bonus and it adds up per Family Level. To give you a gist on how this works, here's something I can think up:

Family Level 1: +1% HP Bonus
Family Level 2: +2% HP Bonus
Family Level 3: +3% HP Bonus
Family Level 4: +4% HP Bonus
Family Level 5: +5% HP Bonus
Family Level 6: +6% HP Bonus
Family Level 7: +7% HP Bonus
Family Level 8: +8% HP Bonus
Family Level 9: +9% HP Bonus
Family Level 10: +10% HP Bonus

Family Level 11: +11% HP Bonus and +1% ATK Bonus
Family Level 12: +12% HP Bonus and +2% ATK Bonus
Family Level 13: +13% HP Bonus and +3% ATK Bonus
Family Level 14: +14% HP Bonus and +4% ATK Bonus
Family Level 15: +15% HP Bonus and +5% ATK Bonus
Family Level 16: +16% HP Bonus and +6% ATK Bonus
Family Level 17: +17% HP Bonus and +7% ATK Bonus

So far, there is no limit that I know of. If there is anyone knowledgeable about this system, please let me know what I can provide here! Wow. Looks like I was able to get that off my chest. Wait for more posts, alright?


Hey... Isn't it way too early or way too late for Halloween?

No comments:

My family