Sunday, February 3, 2008

Le Blanc: Discovering Andre Janzur (1 of 4)

Looks like it's done! Even though I'm already working (taking in calls and attempting to make sales), I still did a favor (really big one) for my good friend Reclusion. That favor would be doing voice overs for their movie, Le Blanc. Don't worry, because I'll be putting the low-resolution version here since it's already available. Okay, to set your expectations, I'll be making a review of this entry even though I am a voice actor. Of course, I want to see the end product to see if my talents were put into good use. Since there are four parts of the YouTube version, I'll review each part so I can focus on what specific detail I will be reviewing about. Oh yes, I will be doing separate entries for the readers to be able to focus on what to talk about. To start off, here's part 1:



Looks like we started off with a news report on Andre's "Dreamz and Fantazzies" collection. I enjoyed this part. I am amazed how the director pulled it off. He really thought out of the box for this. For the intro, it was really funny because he had to burn all those dolls to oblivion! :P For the backstory, it was funny in a way but since we lacked VO's for it, I can't seem to fully grasp that part.

Getting into the part of selling Cabosse, I gotta say it was kinda messy when Andrew and Andres were beating and arguing each other out. It was too noisy for me to make out some of the lines. It was also... bland. During the "fight scene," Andres just sounded like he was talking normally rather than stressing his point. I have to admit that I didn't expect the scene to be like this. Although I sounded I was already arguing with Andres, it didn't fit well because I didn't talk like I was in a fist fight. But then again, I hope there's a chance to improve this one!

I have nothing to say after that part because I felt satisfied of my delivery of Andrew lamenting about the day and meeting Lastinka for the first time.

That's all for part one. Expect the other three parts soon! :D

No comments:

My family