Thursday, December 13, 2007

Lorch's quest experiences

Well, I did finish some quests here and there. It's about time I give my take on the quests I've been.

I was able to finish quests involving Lorch Furholden, Najib Sharif and Claude Baudez. Lorch's quests were a mix of easy and difficult. You had to be at least level 50 (all current family members) to activate it. Lorch will ask you in looking for his lost watch. Once you find out that the watch is in the possession of a young boy, you'll end having a fight with an RNPC named Tiburon. You have to defeat Tiburon and his friends, Ramiro and Isabella. Isabella's a practitioner of Elemental Lord/Lord of Elemental stance, so watch out for the Elemental Strife attack! Also, those kids (Ramiro and Tiburon) are a pain since they move fast after a kick from them! Ramiro seems to be aggressive while Tiburon runs far after delivering a kick. After beating those kids, you'll receive Tiburon's character card.

Returning the watch to Lorch is only the beginning of numerous quests coming from Lorch. The next quest, you need to keep talking to him until he asks a favor to get him 60 pieces of"Shining Tortoise Power" which can be found by hunting down Steel Armed Tortoises. Be warned: A kill won't give you a 100% drop for the quest item. You may have to hunt more than 60 Steel Armed Tortoises just to finish it. You can find them at Porto Bello Deserted Quay, with all the other tortoises there.

After finishing such tedious quest, there was no hint on the next quest. When I walked up the left stairs (facing the door) of the entrance of Auch, I triggered a chance to fight some soldiers who are trying to take Lorch away. Lorch will be your ally here and just defeat the soldiers. After that, Lorch will tell you that his father wants him back but Lorch wants current life here in the New World. The man's got some family issues, alright.

Remember that girl I fought who has the capabilities of an Elemental Lord? She happens to be selling cakes. She wants me to deliver her love letter to Lorch. Giving it to Lorch will make him think it was my doing, so I told Lorch there was some misunderstanding. He gave me the letter back and some cakes (those cakes aren't for sale). Talking to Isabella will anger her that I have her cakes and you'll end up fighting her (even I tried explaining the situation to her). After the duel, she gave 1,000 Vis and told me to leave her be. Lorch kinda scolded me when I told him about this, so I promised not to use force in settling matters (well, she started it!!!).

Long post, will make another in a little while! :D Edited to correct some typo errors! :P

No comments:

My family