Sunday, December 23, 2007

And the barracks just keeps getting bigger and bigger...

Yup! I fully opened up the 3rd barracks allowing me have up to 27 characters! However, I officially added 8 since I was saving a spot for a future character. But anyhoo, let's get on with the introductions! :P


Samantha, Verena and Iqbal

As always, most of the names came from Behind The Name. It's a really good site if you want to find a good name or find out the meaning of existing real names. To start of, here's Verena (Female Auch Infrantry) and Iqbal (Najib Sharif). Since Auch is German-like, I had to look for a good feminine German name and I ended up with Verena. This name is possibly related to the Latin word "verus" meaning true. Najib's name existed in Behind The Name and it means "noble" or "intelligent" in Arabic. This game me a good hint that the name should be Arabic. After countless clicks in the random name generator, I ended up with Iqbal. That name means "fortunate" (in Arabic, of course). It suits my Najib as well because he should be fortunate I did his favors so he wouldn't lose his job (and credibility)!


Marvin, Reenan and Alphonse

Here's Alphonse (Panfilo de Narvaez), the chef in Cite de Reboldoeux. He sounds really funny since IAH wanted him to sound like a French chef. Alphonse happens to be a French variation of Alfonso. I couldn't have decided more because the other names were kinda common for me already and had no other choice since I wanted to put him in barracks.


Celso, Bernard and Cletus

Yes, I did get this big guy and I have yet to try him out. This is Claude Baudez, the weapon merchant (and leading expert) of Cite the Reboldoeux. This guy is a total weapon genius, from knowing about the Silver Baron to even knowing how to use them (especially against you!). Be careful though, this guy can have a nasty fit and will result into a violent confrontation (finish Idge's quest in finding her drawing and you'll know what I mean!). He comes from Illier, so I had to find a French name. I ended up choosing Bernard, which seems to be a combination of the Germanic words "bern" (bear) and "hard" (brave, hardy). Yeah, he is brave and big as bear! :P


Guiomar, Benedito and Seward

Next up, here's Guiomar (Jose Cortasar) and Seward (Lorch Furholden). Using Jose was really tricky because he's totally dependent on his skills! Firing the canon was really fun and all. The name I gave him, Guiomar, probably came from a Germanic name meaning "famous in battle." Well, Jose is famous for (the only one) using cannons in this game. Plus, it seems that he's Spanish as well! For my Lorch, Seward sounded really nice when I came across it, although the meaning came from an Old English definition of "victory guard." His quests were a mix of tedious tasks and dramatic situations. Go read my entries on my experiences with his quests! :P


Reynard and Cristobal

Finally, here's the two kids (more like nuisances to me! :P). That's Reynard (Tiburon) and Ramiro (Cristobal). They are identical in stats and skills, save for the different looks though. Fighting Ramiro for his card was surprising but easy. Tiburon was such a pain since he had two allies to alongside him and run away every after attack (not to mention I must defeat him and his cronies to finish his quest!). For names , Reynard suits Tiburon because it is the name of a medieval fable character who is a sly fox. I gotta agree to this one, for he is sly and cunning! Ramiro ended up to be named as Cristobal, a Spanish form of Christopher.

That's all the new additions now! I better get more cards and barracks expansion in the future soon! :D Check my multiply site for new pics of Granado Espada! :D

1 comment:

Maverynthia said...

Isn't Reenan the name of the female Rebo Soldier that's out in the stone pit that you have to fight for Gracielo? ^^;;

I also named my Rebo Soldier (male) Alfonzo :D

My family