Sunday, November 25, 2007

My thanks to those who helped get me a Catherine

I couldn't have finished my Catherine Quest without the help of three families namely Fiksdotter, xxxKENSHINSxxx and Mitzu.

Fiksdotter was kind enough to donate a set of parts in exchange for one Strange Clock I had. Since I'm kinda far away from getting Viki, I figure it would help my high-leveled friend in his quest to get a share of Viki. It was also the first time I met him in-game, although I met him at the Bloggers' Meeting. Plus, I was lucky to get a pelvis from a monster at the Reception Hall!

Beating up Victor was a challenge but a faction mate gave me a tip and it did help me win! I was able to get the Blue Otite Key for me to enter the Grand Library. After activating Kamen the Butler, I was able to meet Dr. Torsche (with a little surprise welcome). I eventually ended up at the point where I needed the necessary parts to get Catherine's card. That's where I started getting errr... impatient because I wanted my finish this quest. xxxKENSHINSxxx, a faction mate, heard my plea and gave me a left-arm for free. When I checked the parts, I was still missing a part: "Catherine's Left-hand."

This really ticked me off but I had no choice but to check the marketplace. They were selling it for 2.5 Million Vis! That is equal to the Vis I have in my pocket. I decided to broadcast a cheaper offer of 2 Million Vis, as the advice from a faction mate. Although I started a joke about Catherine's parts, I eventually got my desired offer from a family named Mitzu. Well, better than grinding endless at the mansion (not to mention spending 500,000 more or I'm dead broke!).

I had to be careful in making the decision because I wanted to get the Summoner Catherine. Dr. Torsche was surprised when I wanted to put a Refined Quartz as her heart. He eventually agreed and Catherine was revived, as the Marionette Summoner! I named her Alana, which is a feminine form of Alan. It's a name I tend to use when I play a female persona at times (and maybe from a female character from an old PlayStation video game called "Fighting Force"). I wanted to name her Alodia but that's crossing the line of fanboyism (I admit being a fanboy to Ms. Alodia).

Want a guide on the quest? Check this thread at Granado Espada International Fansite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats for your Catherine! I'm almost getting mine too ^^

My family