Monday, August 20, 2007

Alright! I got a new video card!

I was able to replace my video card and I finally get to play GE once again! A lot of things has happened in the course of two weeks and boy am I really excited to share it right now!

First of all, I'd like to thank NineMoons for her Trivia Bonanza and Lady Veya for awarding me as the "Best Fanblog" for the Philippines. In participating in the events, I was entitled to a prize: "Divine Angel Wings!" That makes two of them as well! This is the first time I have ever won prizes from an MMORPG! I was really happy when I got informed that I won such items! Believe me, it's my very first time to win MMORPG events!

I started playing again in the last days of v2.0.9 (I did miss the 2x EXP rate) and I was so excited to upgrading to v2.1.18. When the day finally came (August 16, 2007), I was eager to start and I was able to claim my wings! :D Irawan's first instanced mission got crowded that I couldn't access it yet. But a day after, I was able to access it at the price of heavy lag. Looks like everyone wants a piece of the new RNPC. Understanding his quest, the main reason why he is considered a item mall/cash shop RNPC is because the items he will need (Soul Crystals, Hrin's Ampoule and Triumph Filler) are premium items only acquired from the Premium Item merchant. Although you will get these items at level 76, it is only half of what Irawan needs (10 of each).

For the other features, I will discuss them now. A new office in Coimbra opened and it is the Pegadilla. This serves as a Mercenary Office where I can enlist other characters that have undergone mercenary application and apply my character to be a mercenary. Looks like this is the "Character Trading Feature" that the game promised in the future. By the looks of it, I think RNPCs can become "Mercenaries for Hire" as well as the basic professions of the game.

In order for m character to be a mercenary, I need to:

  • Have a level 50 character
  • Must bring two family members alongside the mercenary applicant
  • The character must be fully unequipped
  • Have the premium item "Mercenary License" in my inventory
The mercenary character (now transformed into a card) will lose 20% of total EXP, so the character will de-level. I can now trade this character's card like an unused RNPC card. I like this feature but I doubt I'll be able to use it.

Now if I wanted to "hire" the mercenary to my family, all I have to do is to head for the Pegadilla and look for the Mercenary Officer. I need to have the mercenary (character) card with me and prepare 100,000 Vis as a fee of hiring the character. I can could also check the stats of the character and give him/her a name that I want. Looks like I have to be careful if I decide to buy a mercenary card. Having a space in the barracks is a must! :P

There are other features to discuss but I guess that'll have to wait! :D

No comments:

My family