Thursday, August 23, 2007

Update on Gracielo and more opinions on v2.1.18

Well, I did promise that I'd blog about Gracielo, so here's my end of the bargain!

When the business model was announced and after researching the premium item mall, I find the business model a fair deal. Looks like we can only expand our barracks, personal shop and warp slots by using G-Points to purchase the licenses we need for expansion. Since I have only one slot left, I decided to choose...

gracielo_quest
Gracielo!!!

For his name, I chose "Celso" and it is also a random name generated from Behind The Name. It is also the same site that I generated a name for my M'Boma. Celso's name came from this following definition:

Italian, Spanish and Portuguese form of the Roman family name Celsus, which meant "tall" in Latin.

Since Gracielo is Spanish but sounds Italian (his accent's like Mario from Super Mario Bros.) to me, this name was a fitting choice. Plus, Gracielo is tall!

After getting him, I decided to do his quest getting the Chapter of Wind stance book. After so much effort in doing the quest (because it will cause the player to play as Gracielo only), I finally got my Gracielo to learn the Chapter of Wind! Yay! :D

Okay, let me give my summarized opinions for the other features:

  • The Baron Items - I can't say much since I'm not from a PK server but I it would be cool to have some of the items. I also realized that the life of a Baron is definitely not for me!
  • Veteran Stances - If I reach level 100, I will consider buying a Veteran Recipe to gain such status.
  • Item Mall - I will buy the necessities (barracks, warp slots, items for Irawan) and costumes! I like to be a fashionista! :D
  • Forgotten Territory Pass - I'll pass that pass. Pun intended.
  • Andre's Costume Box - It's a gamble. It's either I sell my extras or take a chance in getting a free random premium item.
  • Glass Switchboard - Pretty nifty if I have glasses that do not correspond to my character's gender and class requirements. Saves me the burden from trying to get a compatible pair via a rare random drop. But I haven't gotten any glasses yet! :P
  • Anvil for Ring Destruction - There's a tiny chance I will use this, for I must value any ring that comes to my possession. Whether I have that skill or not, I'm keeping my rings.
Finally, I got that off my chest. Next update will cover my recent mission-going sessions with three other members of the RedSign faction to the Highway Level 2, Interchange Level 1, Trinity Level 2 and Spotlight Level 2 missions! :D Now, who were my companions?

No comments:

My family