Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Leveling up Calyce (part 2)

This post also marks my official first visit to the Ancient Territory! Looking to get away from the crowded 1st Floor of the Skullic Dungeon, I used one of the passes that I got in past events. Better put some good use to these babies! They've been in my vault for as long as I can remember!

As I entered this territory, mudmen lurk in this area instead of skeletons. Here's my early impressions of my first visit:


It ain't the undead...


...instead, it's mudmen!

These mobs resembled the undead soldiers that Gavin Jameson produces from the corpses of fallen Brestia soldiers, mush to their unrest. The prominently appear in Prison de Joaquin and target mobs in the Land of the Dead for Pure Otites. This time, they're colored in brown with cracks to resemble drying mud. The best part about these suckers is that they don't possess knockdown skills, unlike those annoying spear wielding skeletons that knock you down every chance they get! Plus, there's a quest involved in killing the mobs and it's for some Cinderella equips but it'll take me a long to finish that (not to mention a number of passes to be used!).

Like the Forgetten Territories, this place has four spots where you can start at depending on your needs. That means an area with a specific level range so you can get the most out of your EXP. As always, I got my Expert EXP Boosters activated plus one of the Devil Wings I got from a giveaway before Version 3.0 was released.

Of course, I plan to go for another 24 hour marathon but I hope I won't tire myself out! Since I had to chores to do that day, I needed to balance sitting in front of my computer and checking out the summons of my puppet army. There are times I died, there are times I was able to summon another army. When it was time to give one of my two doggies a bath (and loosen the dirt of soaked footrugs and drench them in diluted chlorox), I had to change my leveling strategy. Seeing people AFK'ing with Musketeers using Outrage Shot stance dared me to try the same. After leveling the stance for a while, I amazed at the results it delivered! So I sent Scarlette, Samantha and Shannon to Fire Island...


The usual sight to behold in Fire Island

Of course, I did a 30-min trial before I did the AFK itself. I minimized the game (yes, I play it on windowed mode) and did other stuff like play casual games and surf the web. Going back to the game and I was satisfied on how it turned out. In fact, I was able to try out the "Dancing Revolvers" skill of the Outrage Shot stance. It was really funny how the animation went! It looks like the Musketeer is teleporting left and right! Doesn't look very realistic but it is deadly!


Behold, the Devil Wings!

Anyhoo, I decided to leave them alone as I did my chores. When I came back, they were on their feet. Oh well, I better get my Musketeer better armor and max out the stance. Since the computer has my "undivided" attention, I decided to keep the same team and went back to the Ancient Territory of the Skullic Dungeon. Looks like this working well like a charm! Not only am I leveling Scarlette up but I'm also leveling Samantha's Outrage Shot stance as well!


Slap those pistols, girl!

Well, I better at this point now since I'm in the progress of hitting level 100 for Scarlette as I am making this post! If I can get her to 100 by tomorrow morning, I be happy like the time I won 300 Linden Dollars from a nightclub in Second Life! :P

As a treat (again), here's another bonus trivia!

For all Calyce owners, you probably notice that something comes out of her crossbow when she fires. You'd obviously guess that it's an arrow or bolt that fires away. If you ask me, I see something else.

Taking the liberty of capturing a screenshot (or two) of this "arrow," here's what I got so far:


No arrow. Better try again...


I got it!

Let me "zoom in" on this object I see...


Is that a... sword?

I knew I wasn't seeing arrows or bolts coming out! But it's so strange that a sword comes out of the crossbow. Programming error or bug? Trying to save on memory? Who to blame? Let's see if I have another picture to prove it's a sword!


By golly gee! Is it a sword!

I just don't know what to say. IMC, can you make some adjustments on this one. It doesn't look right seeing swords popping out of Calyce's crossbows. I have a feeling the same thing goes for the Sagitta stance, which is the main reason why I am leveling Calyce now!

No comments:

My family