Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Philippine Online Gaming Summit (POGS) 2008 event

I I may not have pictures to share (gotta wait from the other bloggers and friends) but my recollections are totally priceless!

I was able to snag a January issue of GAME! Magazine to serve as my ticket to attending the Philippine Online Gaming Summit (POGS) 2008 event held at the TriNoma Mall located at North Edsa. I arrived around past 10AM and I could see a lot of people already. Even though I have my magazine as the ticket, I still to register for the entrance. After doing such, I got a card that I can have stamped from several booths for freebies. Of course, the Granado Espada/e-Games booth is what I went after first! :P So, I just typed my details and got a poster. The poster was like an ad to promote G.E. in the Philippines. I did subscribe to the text/SMS updates for my cellphone number and I got a freebie item code. We'll talk about that freebie later. Anyhoo, I was looking for another booth to have my card stamped. When I approached a booth selling old issues of Hinge Inquirer Publications magazines, I had to purchase an old issue in order to get a stamp from that booth. I decided to forgo this "quest" and wandered around the e-Games gaming area.

I met Ms. Ivee Feria (please correct spelling if necessary) and asked where DeSanggria and Veya were. After a short chat, she had to go back at the e-Games booth. Reclusion and DeSanggria called my attention and we were all giddy to see each other with Veya! Fiksdotter has arrived as well and so did NineMoons! Yay, it was a happy gathering for us GE Bloggers! I took the chance to participate in the 2-on-2 PVP tourney that was gonna happen around 4PM and my teammate was Fiksdotter! We all decided to have lunch together. NineMoons led us to the food court located at the second floor since the food court I knew at Landmark has the tendency to be very crowded. After the Reclusion brothers got their order, I took the opportunity to help myself on orders of Shrimp Puffs and Shark's Fin Dumpling with Hainanese Rice to go along with these two dishes, plus a bottle of C2 Lemon as well. We were still in happy mode as we talked about many things including the Fantazzztic Film Awards. DeSanggria made the conversation lively by making us imagine Andre Janzur wearing just a white t-back walking around saying "Let's Walk Elegantly!" I did the same by "successfully" impersonating Andre's voice! :D

After the lunch, we headed back to event where we hanged out the area near the center stage. We were able to have Reclusion's two films "Not Another Love Story?" and "Lonely Hearts Club part 2" shown and it was a happy moment. We really enjoyed that moment since it was available for the public to watch! :D And to my joy, Welling made an appearance! Plus, I got to know another blogger who's been around G.E. for a good amount of time and she is Sigrid!

When the 2-on-2 PVP event started, me and Fiksdotter were among the first to participate. Our opponents were Welling and his faction mate from AF and we got simply owned from those two. They did have a tough time when I used The Defender Veteran Stance since it was challenging for them to wipe me out fast! Nevertheless, it was a great experience trying out a Veteran Stance (and not to mention a serious PVP match!). As the tourney went along, I think Welling's team won the event! Please confirm that, please! :D

After the event, I remembered something. I wanted to have my fellow GE Bloggers sign their siggies (my plural form of the slang "siggy") on my GAME! Magazine. This issue will now be forever treasured, even after G.E. We stayed a little longer for a performance by Moonstar88 and the raffle. Too bad neither of any of us won a Nintendo Wii or a Gaming PC.

NineMoons led us bloggers to a fancy place to eat, namely at Toast Box. I decided to sample their Thick Toast with Kaya on top, plus a couple of Soft-Boiled eggs and coffee. It was a totally new experience since it was my first time. That Kaya was delicious! We parted after having our "dinner" and wished the best to each other. Another "happiest moment" is now chronicled ever since my experience during the Intel Machinimasia Movie-Making Workshop I attended and covered (not to mention getting blogspotted for it!).

Well, looking forward to great events in the Philippines related G.E. (if my work schedule allows it! :P )! If you'll excuse me, I'll just go dancing at High Street 5!

No comments:

My family