Monday, July 6, 2009

The Helena Tarot Card Event

PLEASE NOTE: THE PROMO IS OVER. THIS IS JUST TO "HISTORICALLY" RECORD THIS EVENT BECAUSE I WAS HYPED FOR THIS EVENT, EVEN IF IT MEANT ME NOT GETTING MYSELF A PIECE OF THE PRIZE. YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED.

As a teaser for version 3.4 to be released in sGE, IAH Games had a promo that if you send an SMS (a.k.a. texting) with the correct response, you get a piar of Rojo Puesto del Sol wings. You can uncover the answer within four days by looking at the Tarot Cards daily. Let's start of by showing these cards that appeared during the four days:


The answer lies within the cards

Now the mechanics of the promo was to send an SMS containing a secret word/answer hidden in these cards and if you got it correct, you'll get a pair of Rojo Puesto de Sol wings for every correct answer you send. As you can see, there are "hidden letters" in the imagines of these cards. These happens to be the bosses you will be fighting in the Chateau de Borgogne, a special dungeon in v3.4.

I never gotten far in the game as my leveling progress is slow but I'll see what I can make of with these characters. The character taking up the title of "Magician" happens to be Louis Arsene III, leader of the Arsene Circus Troupe. The lady in Card No. 2 with the title of "Two of Swords" is Celine, who wields claws as her weapon. Frost is the name of the jester-like character from Card No. 3, which fits his represnetation of "death" because of the scythe he wields. Finally, that big brute at Card No. 4 is Mario.

Pretty much, a lot of people got their wings but I was one of the few who sent in the correct SMS format (in their repsective countries) with no prize. Sure, it was treated as an invalid entry as I was reducted PHP 2.50 every "correct message" I sent. I sent numerous messages with the correct format in different ways but it's either my cellphone provider or IAH's system screwed me up. With this unsolved, I didn't bother to pursue for the wings. Ain't my style, anyways.

Speaking of which, this brings up a subject why I have been very slow with GE lately. That I'll cover up on another post as well. Until then, happy grinding to Master you fortunate players.

Oh dear... Looks I did get the wings! It's a miracle!

No comments:

My family