Sunday, September 28, 2008

Granado Espada at the Globe OMG (Oi May Gimik) event: The Journey

With my two bags and jacket, I set off the pick up the cake I ordered the day before. Took a pedicab to the Goldilocks Bakeshop where I ordered an 8x12 Triple Layer cake. It's got layers of Vanilla, Mocha and Chocolate all covered in Mocha icing with a few small round chocolate pieces on the edges. I was happy when the message I had requested was on the cake:

1st Anniversay
GRANADO
ESPADA
Happy Birhtday
NINEMOONS

Now, I needed to fulfill these agendas:
  • Get some funds.
  • Leave bag at friend's place.
  • Head to the SMX Convention Center.
And it is to all thanks to a taxi driver who accommodated me in being his "driver for the day!" After claiming the cake, that's when I called the taxi would be my companion for the next two and a half hours. From the bakeshop, I asked him to make a couple of stopovers before heading straight to the SMX Convention Center.

The first stopover was at Walter Mart located in Munoz. I needed to get a hold of an ATM machine to get the funds for the trip and anything extra just in case. After that, the second stopover was at my friend's place who has accommodated me into leaving the bag with clothes inside in his room. Let me explain why I needed to do this. I had a shift at 10:30 PM on that Saturday and going back and forth from and to my hometown of Malabon would cost me more money and time. That's when I called my friend (well, his mother, actually!) and asked permission to leave my bag and come back to prepare for work later that night. I got a "Yes" and that saved me a lot!

Continuing on, the last leg of the journey was at hand: To the SMX Convention Center!

It took a little longer than expected because the Pasay part of ESDA is usually prone to traffic. That's when I realized something: I had forgotten to get the paper plates and plastic forks from my bag with clothes! Rats! Well, they didn't cost much and I can just go to the nearby hypermarket at SM Mall of Asia since the SMX Convention Center is part of it. Arriving at the convention center was the end of the journey and I had paid and tipped my driver accordingly. The time is now for me to bring in the cake!

No comments:

My family