Friday, June 13, 2008

Finally, my very own monster elites!

Ever since I noticed that we have some "special weapons," I took it as a future goal to achieve once I reach Veteran. Well, looks like it was about time for to fulfill it and here's my story:

I scheduled one of my "day off-s" to go on a farming marathon for Pure Otite. I had experiences farming for these Pure Otites because you will need 10 of them in Baron Quest. Since I'm going after for these "monster elites," I will need 30 Pure Otites for each weapon. I bought the Otite Perfume and the Mystery Powders for me to be able to go on a (tedious) quest in farming for the Pure Otites.

I needed the Otite Perfume to access Los Toldos before I can even reach Tierra de Los Muertos. Now, I needed to speak to the Gloomy Old Man to ask him to help me out in getting Pure Otite. In order for me to get Pure Otite, I need to gather 100 Refined Otite from the undead monsters found in Tierra de Los Muertos. These are the monsters that look like aliens with red heads and yellow eyes. They attack either with swords or rifles. To get to Tierra de Los Muertos, I need to offer 1 Mystery Powder to the Gloomy Old Man. Once I'm in that place, it's huntin' time!

For my case, my first batch of Pure Otites was done through constant AFK'ing and some active participation. I was multitasking on that day of AFK'ing, cooking fried rice, doing the laundry, making ice and tending the dog's toilet area. There are times that I did die because I AFK'ed for too long because of my multitasking. Also, it really took all my energy away. Of course, this compelled me to buy more Mystery Powder than I needed because I have to spend one per visit to Tierra de Los Muertos A family named "Forjadaluna" (did I get that right?) was able to help me out gather these Pure Otites when I finally had time to dedicate myself on the game. We did take a break from our gathering runs one time and I was able to craft an Elite Axe di Gavi!

Since it took less than 12 hours for me to get that, I wanted to go on another run. So, I paired up with Forjadaluna again and gathered another set of Pure Otites. He was understanding when I had to AFK as well. Doing this for the second time proved detrimental to my state. I was beginning to feel so drowsy already and I mustered up all my courage to continue and finish the second set. Thank goodness I was able to push through and I was able to get an Elite Beam Gun for my efforts.

For some stupidity on my part, I wasn't aware that when you put a monster weapon on the anvil to get a Spirit Stone, it won't automatically hand over the Spirit Stone. You will have to pick it drop like you would pick a up loot after you give the monster weapon. I panicked after I gave away 2 Axe di Gavis but I didn't get them yet. Reclusion was kind to point out what I did wrong and I made sure I grabbed the Spirit Stone the next time I gave up the weapon.

To get your hands on a "monster elite," you will need 30 Pure Otites, 2 sets of 100 Pure Ores (Quartz, Aidanium, etc), 3 Level 92 Enchantment Chips and the required Spirit Stone. The recipe can be found from the Gloomy Old Man, who sells them for 1 Million Vis per recipe. Once you have all the materials and the recipe, have it crafted by the Gloomy Old Man. The level requirement for these weapons is Veteran, even though it says it's an Elite Level 92 weapon.

Now, enjoy the pics of my newly acquired weapons:

Elite Beam Gun (with Elite Rafael's Rapier)

Elite Axe di Gavi (with The Grim Shout shield)

What weapons will I go after next? Pollux Sword? Phobitan Knuckle? Antique Pistol? Scythe? Candlestick? You'll just have to find out for yourself! :D

No comments:

My family